5 reasons for having a professional headshot taken
- You will stand out from the crowd – When potential clients or business contacts are scrolling through Linkedin, other social media websites or your own website, a professional headshot on your profile will always stand out from one that is obviously taken on a phone. It shows you take your profession and your position seriously.
- It tells your story – It is important that your headshot reflects you and your personality. Your professional headshot needs to keep in with your brand. Consider it as being like the logo of your brand.
- First impressions are everything – If you have never met your business contact then your headshot will form part of your first impression. Make sure it is a good one.
- Be memorable – By including a memorable professional headshot in your social media, people will be able to put a face to a name. You instantly become more memorable which will be extremely rewarding for your business in the long run.
- You will look the part – If you want to be treated like a professional then you must look the part.
“I recently asked Fiona to do some headshots for my new business as first impressions count! I absolutely hate the idea of my picture being taken and didn’t have a clue how to pose but Fiona instantly put me at ease. I hardly knew the photos were being taken. Relaxed and professional and more importantly I love the photos of me!”
What you can expect from your studio headshot session
- On arrival we will spend 5 minutes chatting about your business, your brand and the style of headshot that you are after. Your session will last for 30 minutes.
- I will take several shots with different expressions. You can then look at the back of the camera and choose your favourite 3 images.
- You can bring a simple change of clothes, if you wish. Sometimes just a change of jacket or the addition of a scarf is enough to change your look.
- When the session is finished I will then edit the images and send them over to you via “WeTransfer” with black and white versions if you wish.
- The cost of the session and all three high-resolution digital images is £60. This should be paid prior to the session via BACS using your name/company as a reference.
Each business is unique, and some can require a different style of photography, or setting. If you think it will be more suited to your branding to have your headshot taken on location, then I can do this for you. These photoshoots can be taken at your place of work, the beach, the forest or simply in a garden.
If oyu require a personal branding session then a headshot will be part of the shoot.
“I asked Fiona to do a new head shot for me and can’t recommend her highly enough. I wanted a more informal shot, so we did one out on location. It was stress free and Fiona had lots of tips and advice for me. I am really pleased with the results. Thanks Fiona!”
How you can prepare for your headshot session
- Have a think about how you would like your headshot to look, what you believe fits with your brand and what image you would like to portray. For example professional and corporate, or friendly and relaxed or perhaps you would like a mixture?
- Do you have a favourite side or expression? It might help to practise in a mirror and look at different expressions.
- Choose a selection of clothes to wear or bring, based on what reflects your personality, style of headshot and branding. We will have time for one change of clothes. Solid colours generally work well, try and avoid too many bold patterns. Keep it simple.
- Make sure your hair is cut and styled to your personal choice. It is a good idea to bring a brush or comb for a last minute tidy and a lipstick or makeup to touch up.